Is your organization at that awkward stage where you realize the Board that got you where you are today is not the same Board you need to achieve the successes of tomorrow?
Do you find it difficult, or uncomfortable, to discuss the organization's funding needs with your Board?
Prospective funders will ask, inevitably, what percentage of your board members contribute philanthropically to your organization. Why? Because they believe that the board's philanthropy is a good barometer of its commitment to the governance and success of the organization.
Among the areas where I provide expert support and guidance are:
• Membership (composition alignment with mission)
• Gaps (identify needs and whether/how to adjust for balance)
• Board Giving (review by-laws, giving policies)
• Difficult Board meetings (facilitate productive and decisive board meetings)
• Fundraising Board members (conduct one-on-one and group sessions on making the “Ask”)
• Manage Members (work with staff on board engagement and support)